zaterdag 28 augustus 2010

Documenta IIIII IIIII II (12)


It's been a while since I've posted something up here, but i've been working two jobs at a time during the vacation, I'm still working but i've got a little more time on my hands since I've it cut down to one job.

So.. I finally could start reading in some books i've bought, but didn't yet manage to even open them. One of these books is Documenta 12. it's in fact a catalogue of a exhibition in Kassel. I didn't knew nothing about the exhibition at that time (2009) but it's in fact an interesting overview of art history up until today. And(!) I already found out that documenta 13 will be in 2012 (at least if we survive 2012).

now to talk about some things I read and found intreaging.

I like the works of Persian calligrapher Haddschi Maqsud At-Tabrizi (1537)

Honestly I could care much about the history of that time, but i like the idea how his calligraphic works had an 'edge' to it.
With that i mean he placed them diagonal, in different sizes, an unorthodox connections between words ( not that I could read them) and puts them in sort of schemes with all different sizes.
I'm not the biggest fan of overloaded decorative items ( and mostly not the oriental kind), but I like this because I never really noticed calligraphy as an interesting form of text. Now I know there are ways to make it look interesting, and challenging for possible further experiment..





http://www.documenta.de/



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten